1. Emily Sharp’s reaction to seeing me for the first time in like a week <3
2. When Rebecca Riley wore jeans. What an absolutely remarkable, genuine, and strong human being.
3. In caucusing when Justin Crofoot responded to “what’s your favorite key club object” with “Um… The gavel…” :)
4. Having all three of our candidates make it past nominating conference!
5. Leading a successful workshop!
6. Taking a whole bag of candy from Hershey’s and asking them, “So, are we supposed to run and then eat the candy or eat the candy and then run?”
7. Dancing the night away with my new BFF Wyoming, Bradley!
8. Recapturing a lost friendship with Zac, balling our eyes out, and having the international president walk in on us.
9. Two girls from RMD won the most prestigious key club ASU scholarship. Nobody in our district has every heard of them.
10. The “hypnotist” didn’t hypnotize anyone but we were thoroughly entertained by the sign language translator during the beat-boxing talent act.
11. Meeting Marc Chen.
12. Zac and I: yeah. We could do the comedy version of this.
13. Seeing Avery and Casey become International Trustees!
What a remarkable event! I’m so glad I was able to go! It was a great way to end my key club year and I will miss all of the people dearly. The thing that I’ve realized is that key club itself is just the name of an organization with staff that maintain the twitter, copyrighted logos, etc, but the people are truly what make it so incredible and such a passion of mine. The people I’ve met in this adventure have taught me a lot about myself and have become my lifelong friends. Key clubbers mean absolutely everything to me.